Carrot and Courgette Muffins
I made these experimenting one Sunday morning. They are quite healthy and a great way of getting veg into little ones. This recipe makes a lot but they are perfect for freezing and always handy to have with a cup of tea !
Wrap well and freeze when cooled
- 560g wholemeal flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 80g raisins
- 120g finely grated carrot
- 120g finely grated courgette
- 220g golden caster sugar
- 8fl.oz vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C (fan setting).
- Grate the courgettes and squeeze in a tea-towel to remove the excess moisture.
- In a bowl sieve in flour, bicarbonate, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add in sugar, raisins and grated veg.
- In a jug whisk eggs, oil and milk and add to dry mix.
- Once mixed spoon into paper cases in muffin trays and bake for approx 20-25 mins.