- Heat a heavy based frying pan. Blanch the asparagus for 2 minutes until barely tender and refresh with cold water. Set aside.
- Heat some olive oil in the heated pan and slash the fillets and season with salt before placing skin side down in the pan. Cook until skin is crispy and golden.
- Turn the fillets over and cook for one minute only.Transfer the fish to a warmed plate and keep warm as it will continue to cook. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in the pan and add in the tomatoes and asparagus. Cook for 1-2 mins moving constantly. Sprinkle the tarragon and lemon juice over.
- Spoon the asparagus and tomato mixture onto warmed plates arranging the fish neatly on top skin side up. Serve at once.
- 4oz trimmed asparagus spears
- 2 x 6oz fillets of fresh sea bass, scaled and bones removed
- 3oz baby plum tomatoes
- 1tsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- juice of 1/2 lemon (pips removed)
- 1tsp olive oil