Chorizo and Chickpea Tapas In a Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Sauce
Tapas are one of the easiest options for when you have friends coming over. Everyone loves this relaxed way of eating. This chickpea, chorizo, red pepper and tomato recipe is brilliant as it’s quite filling, very tasty and takes just five minutes to throw together. I first tried a version of this dish at Las Radas, Tapas Bar in Naas – it’s so simple but so good. I hope you give it a try.
- Warm the olive oil in a pan and add the finely chopped garlic and chorizo.
- Cook on a low heat for about 3 mins then add in the tin of chickpeas.
- While they are warming, in a blender, add the peppers, salt and pepper and tomato puree. Blend until smooth then add to the pan.
- Cook gently for another 2-3 minutes. Adjust the seasoning to taste and enjoy.
- 2 cups of chorizo sausage cut into small chunks
- 1 tin chickpeas
- 1 jar roasted red peppers (I use the ones from Lidl)
- 2 cloves garlic
- salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tbsp olive oil