Pats Chicken Curry
Definitely a long serving family favourite. My Mum, Pat, always made this for us while we were growing up. It took me a while to perfect making it but stick with it, its so worth it. The curry powder used always had to be Sharwoods and thats what I still use.
- Heat the oil in a pot and sauté onion and garlic until soft. Add the curry powder, cumin and coriander and mix and allow spices to cook for couple of minutes.
- Add the tomato puree and stir to mix, cook for 1-2 mins then add the cornflour. Allow the mixture to cook for about 2 mins, then add the stock, a little at first then the remaining stock. The mixture will thicken so just add enough stock to achieve desired consistency.
- Add in the mango chutney and lemon juice and check for seasoning.
- Add the chicken and allow to cook gently. Serve with rice and or chips.
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp vegetable / rapeseed oil
- 2-3 tbsp Sharwoods medium curry powder (or use your favourite)
- 2-3 tbsp cornflour
- 1 stock cube dissolved in boiling water (chicken or veg)
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp mango chutney
- Diced chicken breast