- Preheat oven to 180 deg C. Line muffin tin. Sift icing sugar and flour into a bowl, then stir in the almonds.
- In a separate clean glass bowl whisk egg whites to soft peaks.
- Gently fold flour mixture and melted butter into the egg whites to make a smooth batter.
- Spoon batter into cases then scatter berries over pushing them into the batter. Bake for 30-35 mins or until golden brown and risen. Leave to cool in the tin.
- 100g icing sugar
- 45g plain flour
- 75g ground almonds
- 3 large egg whites
- 75g undated butter melted
- 150g mixed fresh berries such as blueberries or raspberries (I used both)