This is really good, I've made it twice and I only found the recipe the Philadelphia website recently.
Prep time - 10 mins
Cook time - 25 mins
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 large chicken breasts cut into chunks
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 2 rashers lean back bacon thinly sliced
- 200ml chicken stock
- 120g Philadelphia Extra Light
- 8 sun blushed tomatoes finely diced
- 100g frozen peas
- small bunch thyme, leaves picked, stalks discarded
- 250g penne cooked
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and brown the chicken on all sides remove from the pan and set aside. Add the onions and bacon to the pan and cook for 3-4 mins then add the garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Stir in the stock and Philly, mixing until well combined. Return the chicken to the pan, add the tomatoes, thyme and peas and season. Bring to a simmer for 5 mins and check that the chicken is cooked through.
- In the mean time cook the penne according the pack instructions then drain. If you find the sauce is a little thick add spoon or two of pasta water to loosen. Divide the pasta between four bowls and top with the chicken and sauce. Equally as good made with turkey.