This is a soup I started making while on Fast 800 – it’s super quick, healthy and delicious. I adapted the original recipe slightly. You can always add in any other veg you have, but this is simple and almost everyone has spinach and broccoli in the freezer.
If you want to jazz things up a little, add a few crispy onions (the ones from Lidl are best) and a teaspoon of creme fraiche.
This soup can also be frozen too so you always have something healthy on standby.
- 25g butter / 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 stick of celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 5 lumps of frozen spinach or half bag fresh spinach
- 2 cups frozen or fresh broccoli
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 400ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 30g grated mature cheddar
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt to season
- Heat butter / oil in a pot and sweat onion, celery and garlic.
- Add scallions, spinach and broccoli followed by the stock. You just want to cover the pot contents.
- Simmer for about 10 mins then blitz until smooth with a hand blender.
- Add the grated cheddar and season to taste.