Asian Noodle Salad
Couch surfing one day with my BFF in Spain on one of those days it was just too hot to venture outside, we started watching The Pioneer Woman. She started making a gigantic bowl of Asian Noodle Salad which we wanted to try straight away – minus the enormous amount of sugar she added to the dressing.
So we went off in search of our veg and ingredients to try it out. It’s been tweaked a little, just use what vegetables you like but make sure there’s plenty of colour and crunch.
Give it a try, you’ll love it.
Only dress the amount of salad you are eating so everything stays crispy. Keep both in the fridge and the dress the salad as needed.
- Cooked spaghetti
- 1 cucumber, deseeded and sliced
- Some sweet red peppers, julienned
- chinese cabbage, thinly sliced
- white cabbage, thinly sliced
- scallions, sliced
- fresh beansprouts
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2-3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Slice all your vegetables and place in a large bowl. Mix well with the cooled spaghetti.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients then add to the bowl.
- Top with toasted peanuts and sesame seeds.