I can’t recall where I found the recipe for this Teriyaki Chicken dish, but I had my doubts about it as it was so simple. The first time I made it, I think I ended up having it about three times in one week. If anyone is questioning how this dish could be so incredible as it is so easy – just give it a try. It won’t disappoint. From now on, you will always find a bottle of teriyaki sauce in my press at home.
A delicious quick healthy dish you will make time and time again.
- 1/2 cup Teriyaki Sauce / Marinade
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Cornflour
- 3 tbsp Water
- 2 Diced Chicken Breasts
- Vegetables of choice
- In a bowl add the teriyaki sauce and mix in the sugar. When dissolved add 3 tbsp into a bag with the chicken and leave to stand for 15 mins.
- Add the water and cornflour to the teriyaki and stir until dissolved.
- Fry the chicken until browned then add in the teriyaki mix, stir as it thickens. Allow to simmer for 3 minutes, adding your cooked vegetable to heat through.
- Serve with rice, noodles or (my favourite) wholegrain rice and quinoa mix