Chicken Chorizo & Butter Bean Casserole
This is one of my go-to easy, family-friendly dinner choices. It’s a very simple stew which can easily be souped up with additional ingredients. Just the simple ingredients of chorizo, smoked paprika and garlic give it a lovely, smokey flavour, which is subtle enough that it can please both kids and adults alike.
Preheat the oven to 180°c.
In a large, flameproof/oven-safe casserole dish, spray in a little oil, and add the chicken, chorizo and onion. Stir-fry for 5 minutes.
Add in the garlic, stir it through, and then add the butter beans, tinned tomatoes / passata, chicken stock and spices. Season with salt and pepper, stir well, and then place into the oven for 45 minutes.
Remove from the oven, garnish with fresh parsely to serve. Serve on its own, with some salad or pitta bread, or with rice.
You could also serve with:
- brown or white rice
- cauliflower rice
- bulgar wheat
- toasted wholemeal pitta breads
- extra green vegetables
- mashed potatoes
- over a jacket potato
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 3-4 chicken breasts, cut into large chunks
- 50g chorizo (spicy), thinly sliced
- red pepper, chopped in large chunks
- tin chopped tomatoes / 500g passata
- 400ml chicken stock
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp chipotle paste
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- pinch of chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 tin butter beans (other any type of bean)