My sister Carol gave me this recipe after she made it for us one night. I thinks its a Nigella recipe. Its so good and has been a favourite anytime we have a get together. It's fantastic either with raspberries and ice-cream or slightly warm with creammmmm...
- 2 x 415g cans pear halves in juice
- 125g plain flour
- 25g cocoa powder
- 125g caster sugar
- 150g soft butter, plus extra for greasing
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6 and grease a 22cm square ovenproof dish with butter.
- Drain the pears and arrange them on the base of the dish.
- Put all the remaining ingredients in a food processor and blitz until you have a batter with a soft dropping consistency.
- Spread the brown batter over the pears, and bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Let stand out of the oven for 5 or 10 minutes and then cut into slabs - I cut 2 down and 2 across to make 9 slices - and serve with chocolate sauce.
This recipe can also be made in individual small tins for a “fancy” desert, I also like slicing the pears thinly and arranging neatly in a circle when using small round tins. Delicious recipe which I have made on several occasions ..... and will again !